Nature has always been a source of inspiration and awe for mystics. From the ancient Greeks to the Native Americans, mystics have found a deep connection to the natural world.
By connecting with nature, one can experience:
- Increased awareness: Time in nature can help to develop greater awareness of your own thoughts, feelings, and experiences, leading to a deeper understanding of the nature of reality.
- Deeper connection with the divine: Nature is seen as a manifestation of the divine, and spending time in nature can help one to experience that deeper connection, creating a greater sense of peace and inspiration.
- Reduced stress: Nature has a calming effect on the mind, body and spirit. Spending time in nature can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Improved mood: Spending time in nature provides grounding and can improve mood and boost feelings of well-being.
- Increased creativity: The aesthetics of nature can spark creativity and inspiration out of the beauty and diversity.
Find Ways to Connect with the Earth
- Go for a walk. This is a simple way to connect with the natural world. Reduce distractions and pay attention to the sights, sounds, and smells of nature.
- Spend time in a garden. Gardens are a beautiful and peaceful place to connect with nature. You can work in a garden, sit on a bench, or simply walk through a garden.
- Camping. Camping is a great way to connect with nature. Sleep under the stars, hike in the woods, and swim in a lake.
- Hiking. Hiking can connect you with nature and help you get some exercise. Be aware of the plants, animals and natural beauty you see along your hike.
- Volunteer for an environmental organization. Volunteer to clean up a river, plant trees, or educate others about environmental issues.
Connecting with nature is a powerful way to connect with the divine, to gain insights into your own spiritual journey, and to experience the beauty and wonder of the natural world. Find ways that suit your needs and interests. And as always, be patient. It may take you time and effort to develop a deep connection with nature and how it reflects the divine to you.